Education system of Pakistan
Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. it is a country in South Asia. It is the world’s sixth-most populous country with a population of more than 212 million people. It is the 36th – the largest country in the world in terms of area, covering 796,095 sq km (307,374 sq mi.). and the survey, 2018-2020, was the rate of the letter for the entry of Pakistan, Include ten years old and above is 58 percent.
Educational Management and Leadership
Education in Pakistan is overseen by the Federal Ministry of Education and the provincial governments, whereas the federal government mostly assists in curriculum development, accreditation, and the financing of research and development.
Article 25 – A of the Constitution of Pakistan obligates the state to provide free and compulsory quality education to children of the age group 5 to 6 years. “The State shall provide free and compulsory education to all children of the age of five to sixteen years in such a manner as may be determined by law”.
The education system in Pakistan is divided into six levels
- preschool (for the age from 3 to 5 years),
- primary grades one through five),
- middle (grades six through eight),
- high (grades nine and ten, leading to the Secondary School Certificate or SSC),
- intermediate (grades eleven and twelve, leading to a Higher Secondary School Certificate or HSSC),
- university programs leading to undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Teacher education in Pakistan is passing through a transition as innovation has been initiated by the Government of Pakistan with the support of PPSC through their Pre – Service Teachers Education Program (STEP) project. This reform is attempted to improve the quality of teacher education by including different innovations.
In this regard, a new curriculum has been developed for pre-service programs such as a two-year Associate Degree in Education (ADE) and a four-year BEd (Hons). An effort has been made to design the curriculum keeping in view the modern educational principle along with the contextual relevancy.
Qualification for Teacher Education
- B.Ed. (4y)(11/2Y)
Pakistan higher education system comprises the following degree programs
- Associate Degree (Arts, Science, Applied Science)
- 02 – Year Bachelor Degree (BA, BSc, B.com)
- 03 – Year Bachelor Degree (BCS, BBA (3 Years)
- Professional Bachelor Degree (BBA, LLB, B.ed)
- Bachelors Degree [BS, B.Com & BSc (4 years)
- Masters Degree (MA / M.Sc)
- Masters Degree (MS / M.Phil)
- Doctoral (Ph.D.) Degree